Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Welcome to my new blog!

I've thought about starting a blog for a long time (I think my friends were getting tired of me filling up their facebook feed anyway), so I've just decided to go for it.

A little about me, for anyone who doesn't already know: I'm Kati, a goofy, dorky Army wife and mom to some really cool and funny kids. I'm also a Noni to the sweetest 1 year old on the planet!  We have 4 dogs and 3 cats and they make me laugh a lot.

I'm a Christian, and therefore try to live my life the way God intended for me to - which is one of the reasons my family has started a new clean eating adventure.  Our definition of clean eating is a personal one - we're trying to choose only organic, natural, whole foods.  We are TRYING not to eat out, and to make careful choices when we do.  I try NOT to buy processed foods, but when I do, I read the labels and try to make sure I know what we're putting into our bodies.  And starting on February 7th, we're taking the plunge and going gluten-free!  So this week is a week of preparing, cleaning things out (and in some cases, eating up the stuff in the pantry) to get the house ready for us to do this thing!

I will be sharing this adventure with you, telling you what I try, what works, what doesn't, what made me laugh, what lessons I learned.  Our goal in this is to become healthier people. and to get off the meds my family has been on forever. 

One more thing you need to know about me: I'm random.  I will talk about whatever pops into my head at the moment - one day you may get recipes and I may be sharing what products I'm loving, the next day you may get a picture of my dog or a funny story about my kids.  If you decide to come along for our journey, expect to be spoken to just like a friend, and to hopefully just have a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment