Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday Thoughts

I've decided I want to take my blog in a new direction. Oh, it's still about our new healthy and gluten-free journey, and I'll still post recipes when I find some (or make some up), but I have personal things I want to share, too.  And since it's my blog, I guess I can do whatever I want with it. ;-)

So today I want to share "Thankful Thursday" thoughts.  Last week, I was teaching my church girls (I'm a Missionettes leader) about gratitude, and about how we need to be thankful in ALL things, even when things seem bad.  Because even in the worst storm, there's always something to appreciate.  It's so easy to get bogged down in what's WRONG, that we very often overlook (or take for granted) what's RIGHT.  Our finances might be a mess, but there's food on the table every night, a roof over our heads, and laughter filling my home - so I'm blessed even when I don't know how we're going to make ends meet.  We will, somehow, I trust God to provide, and when things seem bleak, I'm learning to focus on what's GOOD.

I have amazing friends.  It seems like every time I turn around, I'm in a "club" (not a real club, but a group of ladies with a silly name who love each other and are there for each other no matter what) - I know even when I feel lonely, that all I have to do is call on my GodsGals, my CMOBsters, my God-DIVAS, my SistaChicks, or my Tres Dias sisters, and I'm gonna be okay. I have a great earthly BFF Dawn, and not to mention my heavenly best friend Jesus who will always be there for me. I have my incredible church family and the most amazing pastor I've ever met that I can count on, and a wonderful family (some by birth/marriage) that is going to love me no matter what.  Not to mention some pretty terrific kids and the world's most adorable grandson.  So HOW can I feel sorry for myself?! 

I'm also SO thankful for this new journey, this wonderful adventure of this year.  I'm seeing so many results and learning so much, and it's just FUN.  Now sometimes it feels like a roller coaster ride (and those who know me know how I feel about THOSE), but I kinda like not quite knowing which way it's gonna turn next, while still feeling safe and secure whichever way we go.  This is an exciting new way of life for us, with many ups and downs, but SO many great stories to tell along the way.  I'm thankful for the support, the knowledge, and the changes so far. I'm grateful that my family is with me all the way, and that they're feeling the difference too. 

I'm thankful for so many things, more than I could list here.  But I'm going to try, every week, to show my gratitude for my blessings, and hopefully I'll inspire others to look at the good things in their lives as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment