Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dizzy Busy Week!

Good news is, I'm off the hook for shoulder surgery (at least for now). Got a cortisone shot and I'm going back to physical therapy. That is awesome for me, because I REALLY do not have time to be down for weeks on end! Praying the shot and the PT work and that the shoulder problem will go away.

After the dr appt, my friend and I went out to the farm to collect eggs. While we were there, the pig got out so we spent about a half an hour trying to herd him back to the pen, only to get him there and realize we couldn't figure out how to get him IN it (he was afraid of us, poor guy).  The owner wasn't there, it was just us, so we got him as corralled as we could, but I felt bad.  And tired. Who would have ever thought I'd be a farm hand one day? LOL  
My son and "Lil Bit"

I went out and bought groceries yesterday and OUCH, between buying the foods that are better for us and filling up the van - yeah, no extras for us this month! Why does they food that tastes good, feels good, and keeps you healthy have to cost an arm and a leg? But the processed junk that can make (and keep) you sick, is cheap and way easier to find.  BLAH.  BUT at least we are already paying much less for prescription medications in a month, so I'm seeing how it DOES even out. But ouch.  I bought xanthan gum yesterday because it keeps showing up in so many different recipes that I find online.  Got a tiny bag for $12. Thankfully it seems to last a long time (you only use like a teaspoon in a recipe), so I am hoping it's worth it.

This week I'm making a raspberry kombucha and gonna make some yogurt too.  Also gonna make a big yummylicious chicken soup tomorrow night. Maybe even some cupcakes.  It's just that kinda week LOL



Xanthan Gum, 8 oz.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for clean eating and living!!! It pays off, I promise. A lot of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free foods can be purchased on Amazon.com and depending on where you live their prices can be cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck is kombucha?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh Becca I know! I love for Amazon's subscribe and save program!!

    Joy, it's fermented sweet tea, basically LOL I put berries in mine, makes it yummy and kinda fizzy - since I gave up soda, it's a nice treat.

    ReplyDelete