Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

GOOD THINGS!

I'm really happy right now about what I'm seeing with my kids.  Both are more cooperative, less hyper, and in general have better attitudes.  I was actually able to leave them alone together for a few hours today and they got along perfectly, not a single fight or "tattling text".  So I am definitely seeing this as a positive step in the right direction and I KNOW that at least part of this is from the diet.  To take Noah completely off ADHD meds and to cut Nathan's dose almost in half and still see these results? Amazing!  I am so thankful to God for bringing us on this journey, even though it's sometimes scary and difficult, I feel like we are on the right track and this is SUCH confirmation!  I'm feeling confident enough that hubby and I are going to the movies tomorrow afternoon (matinee) and leaving the boys here by themselves.  I'm so excited, we have never been able to do that before!

Also, another great thing I learned today is that I can make my homemade butter with the Magic Bullet in less than half the time and with less than half the mess of my Kitchenaid mixer. YES! Makes me super happy because I LOVE fresh butter but I'm not a fan of the mess it makes (nor of the smell if I miss some while cleaning).

I had a lunch date with a really good friend today (who is moving away soon, boohoo!) at Mellow Mushroom. I ordered the gluten-free cheese pizza and it was...eh.  I think I should add more toppings next time LOL  They don't serve it by the slice, so I ordered a medium pizza and took the leftovers home to the boys and they were certainly happy with it, so that worked out nicely.  I also think it was slightly undercooked, so if it was baked a bit longer I might like it better.  I will definitely give it another try though!

3 comments:

  1. so glad things are working well Kati. I love that you and mike are finally at a place that you can get out for a bit of time without having to worry about child care. God is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled to read this blog! If anyone deserves some good news, it's YOU! I'm slowly working towards going all natural, but it's tough with my career. Thank you for confirming GF is the way to be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!

    And the Mellow Mushroom is your favorite place, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete