Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Gluten Free Oven Fried Chicken

I Googled all over the internet and just didn't find a GF chicken recipe I really liked. So I borrowed a few different ideas and made up my own.
Here's what I used:

2 cups brown rice flour (divided)
2 cups coconut flour (divided) - if you have a sensitivity to coconut, just double the brown rice flour or use almond meal instead
2 tbsp sea salt
2 tbsp course ground pepper
a shake or two of basil
1 tsp red pepper
3 small eggs (you could use two large)*
10 chicken drumsticks
1 stick butter

I preheated the oven to 400, and melted the butter, then poured it into a 10x13 baking dish.
I put half the flour in bowl 1, beat the eggs in bowl 2,  and combined the rest of the flour and all the seasonings in bowl 3.
I rinsed the chicken and patted it dry with paper towels.  Then I rolled the drumsticks in bowl 1, dredged them in bowl 2, and fully coated them in bowl 3, then arranged them in the baking dish.
I baked them for 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes.

It was good!  I served it with fresh corn on the cob and some fried potatoes.


*note: if you're allergic to eggs, use buttermilk instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment